Occupation: Designer and CEO of heleneclarkson
Guilty Pleasure: Mini Oreos. LOVE THEM!
1. What is your favourite HC travel outfit?
Now, this is a little tricky as I do have quite a few faves! On the actual travel day, I always wear my Aro Cigarette Pants because they are super comfy and because they are pull-ons they have no zippers and there’s no need for a belt which makes getting through security a breeze. I will wear one of my Sousa Tops which has just enough coverage at the back end and works well under my Cali Reversible Jacket, which is my go to jacket for travel because it is so easy to dress up or down. Finally, I always have my Nadi Wrap to keep my neck stylish and warm!
Many years ago, as a family trip, my parents took my brother and me on a safari to Kenya. I have traveled to many countries since then and have had many wonderful adventures, but to me that was the greatest trip EVER! We were so lucky to be literally in the wild with these incredible animals all around us. You could hear the lions at night so close by and during the day, the elephants would be at our breakfast table. We were also very blessed to meet quite a few of the Masai people who were so inspiring and so elegant. It was a most magical trip.
3. Favourite Travel Accessory?
My sleeping pills. Brilliant!
4. Which Female Traveler or Adventurer Do You Most Admire? Karen Blixen. Perhaps because of how affected I was by Kenya, her memoir Out of Africa was and is one of my favourite books of all time. Beautifully evocative and devastating. She was a brilliant writer and an amazingly resilient woman who managed to bash on through shockingly difficult times. The ultimate adventurer.
5. What Country/City is on your bucket list?
I would love to visit the country Bhutan. Who wouldn’t want to go to a country where Gross National Happiness is more important than Gross National Product. How refreshing!
6. What is the most fulfilling part of your career?
I love hearing from my customers. I have the most wonderful and supportive customer base. I thoroughly enjoy hearing how my clothes make a difference to busy women, whether traveling across town or across the ocean!
From the editors of heleneclarkson